Welcome to Year 5, here you will find all of the information about our year group, as well as seeing highlights of things that we have done.
- Do your homework to a high standard and spend enough time on it (you need to spend at least 45 minutes per week on Mathletics and Bug Club)
- Read regularly to an adult at home.
- Practice your times tables (up to 10s)
- Practise your spellings.
- Be organised and independent.
- Make sure you wear the correct uniform wit the appropriate footwear.
- Bring your swimming kit in on Wednesdays.
Each term we send out a newsletter with information about what will be happening in Year 5 this term.
These guides explain the basics numeracy tools that are used throughout the children's school life.
Children should complete tasks on Mathletics to earn a minimum of 1000 participation points. Once they have earned 1000 points, they will receive a Bronze certificate.
When a child earns 5 Bronze certificates, they receive a Silver certificate, and when they have earned 4 Silver they will receive a Gold certificate.
Children can only earn one certificate of each colour once a week.
5 Bronze certificates = 1 Silver certificate
4 Silver certificates = 1 Gold certificate