Tower Hamlets Education Wellbeing Service (THEWS)
THEWS is a service in Tower Hamlets which helps to improve wellbeing for children and young people.
THEWS has three key aims:
- To help children and young people aged 5-19 years old to get earlier access to wellbeing and mental health support
- To help schools to promote wellbeing in school
- To work alongside and link in with other services providing wellbeing and mental health support
What THEWS can offer?
- Parent led support for parents who are concerned about early signs of anxiety or behavioural difficulties in their child. This can be delivered via- 1:1 sessions, workshops or group sessions
- Signposting to other services and support and help getting in contact with them
- Workshops on a variety of topics related to emotional and mental wellbeing in children
How to get support?
Ask for a THEWS referral form from the school office, complete and return to the office FAO Inclusion Manager.
Our education wellbeing practitioner is in school once a week (speak to the phase leader, SENCO or inclusion manager for further details).